Green Building Science GroupName: Green Building Science GroupDate: February 28, 2018Time: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM ESTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Energy Raters’ Scorecard for the 2015 Energy Code
The 2015 Energy Code represented a big jump in requirements for residential builders when it was put into effect about a year ago. This presentation will be from two of the top energy rating firms in the Capital Region giving us an anonymized report on how it’s been going. The program addresses questions like:
- How are code officials responding to the new Energy Code? What are they strict about and what areas have broader interpretation?
- Generally, how are local builders doing with specific measurable tests, like the Blower Door or Duct Leakage?
- How are builders ensuring compliance with new ventilation requirements?
- What are the best practices being used to meet the Energy Code?
- What methods are builders using to meet the Energy Code? Which software tools are proving most effective?
- What resources are available to help builders meet the new Energy Code?
Our presenters are Matt Evans of Newport Ventures and Art Pakatar from Stonehenge Associates. Both have extensive, first-hand experience with this topic.
Thank You to our 2018 Sponsors:
EMERALD GREEN SPONSORS
LIME GREEN SPONSORS
Green Conscience Home
FORREST GREEN SPONSORS
Balzer + Tuck Architecture PLLC
Halfmoon Green Building
2018 CRBRA Board of Directors
President - Michele Brown, Belmonte Builders
Vice President - Ken Sherman, HIG Construction